Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What happens if I cannot fit all of my regular garbage inside the cart, can I put it on the side of the cart?
- No, if you are not able to place all of your garbage inside the cart, then you must wait until your next regular garbage pick-up day and place it in the cart at that time.
- Attempt to recycle all you can
- Request a special pick up by contacting Waste Pro
- You may request an additional garbage cart for a one time charge of $75
- 2. What can I recycle?
- The recyclable items that are collected as a part of your current recycling program will continue to be the same. Additionally, plastics 1-7 and glass of all colors will be recycled. Acceptable recyclable items will be listed on a label located on the lid of your blue recycling cart.
- 3. What if I have white goods that need to be picked up?
- White goods such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ranges, water heaters, and other items will be picked up on your bulk service day. Your bulk trash and vegetative waste will be collected on your first garbage collection day of the week. Bulk trash and vegetative trash should not be combined and should be placed at the curb in separate piles. A published schedule will be mailed to you and a collection schedule for all services will also be posted on the City’s website. Click here for schedule.
- 4. I have cleaned out a rental house and have a large pile outside. Can I have a truck pick it up?
- The allowable limit for bulk collection is (6) six cubic yards of bulk waste per bulk service day. This limit is equivalent to (3) three refrigerators side by side. If your pile is larger than (6) six cubic yards it will be tagged and you will need to call Waste Pro and request a special bulk pick up. We will then have a supervisor review the pile and give you an estimate on the additional charge ($15.00 per yard for yardage over the 6 cubic yard limit). Upon your approval of the extra charge we will pick up the pile. You may opt to keep the additional trash and set it out on your next bulk collection day for no additional charge as long as the pile is less than 6 cubic yards. Call Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 and a representative will visit your home and provide to you a cost estimate for the excess waste over the 6 yard limit.
- 5. I just moved in. What if I have a lot of boxes?
- Flatten the boxes and place them at the curb next to your blue recycling cart and we will pick them up on your recycling collection day. Boxes larger than 18” X 24” must be set out on your bulk pick up day for recycling collection.
- 6. What if the driver took my personal can/container and I want it replaced?
- Call Waste Pro 954-282-6800 and we will take all of your information and have a supervisor contact you within 24 hours.
- 7. My garbage cart is dirty will you bring me a new one?
- No. Residents are responsible for cleaning their own carts. The cart can be hosed off and cleaned with bleach.
- 8. I am doing construction on my house and I put a toilet and sink at the curb. Will they be picked up?
- Yes, this is construction debris and is considered part of your bulk waste. Waste Pro will collect up to (2) two yards of construction and demolition debris per bulk collection day. The (2) cubic yards of construction and demolition debris is part of, and not in addition to, the (6) six cubic yard bulk limit per bulk collection day.
- 9. I have 4 tires to dispose of, will you take them?
- Waste Pro will collect 2 tires per bulk collection day.
- 10. What if my garbage or bulk was missed?
- Waste Pro will collect any missed pick-ups that are called in before 12:00 p.m. by 6:00 p.m. that same day. Calls received after 12:00 p.m. will be collected by 12:00 p.m. the following day. For a quicker response time for collection issues residents are urged to utilize the Waste Pro Trac-EZ web based tracking. This program will instantly notify our field supervisors of all service related matters and result in a quicker response time. Contact Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 with questions.
- 11. What if I need extra garbage or recycling carts?
- Additional carts can be purchased for $75. Contact Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 to order an additional cart.
- 12. Who do I call if my garbage/recycling are not picked up?
- Residents can call Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 or simply simply click here to submit your request. Your request will be sent to a field supervisor via a smart phone message and he/she will promptly address the missed pick up. You will be able to follow/monitor the progress of your request online through our system.
- 13. What do I do if a wheel breaks off my cart or I have a problem with my cart lid?
- Residents can call Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 or simply simply click here to submit your request. Your request will be sent to a field supervisor via a smart phone message and he/she will promptly address the issue. You will be able to follow/monitor the progress of your request online through our system.
- 14. Can I still get side door service?
- Side door service will be available for a fee of $25 per month and you will be billed directly from Waste Pro.
- 15. What if I am handicapped?
- Waste Pro offers free side door service to any resident who is handicapped and is unable to bring their trash and recycling to the curb. In order to qualify for this service, the resident must submit a letter from a physician stating that the resident is handicapped and a copy of one of the following items:
- Handicap placard issued by Florida Department of Motor Vehicles
- Copy of their Handicap License Plate issued by Florida Department of Motor Vehicles
Any of the above items can be faxed to 954-241-4489 or emailed to email@example.com
- 16. Will I still be able to dispose of bulk items at the Waste Transfer Station on the weekends?
- Yes. The hours will be Saturday from 8:00am-5:00pm and Sunday from 12:00pm-5 p.m. The Transfer Station will be closed on Christmas Day.
- 17. How can I dispose Household Hazardous Waste such as paints, etc.?
- The first Saturday of every month you can take all your hazardous waste to the Waste Transfer Station at 12600 Wiles Rd. Household Hazardous Waste is limited to paints, electronics and fluorescent bulbs. Other Household Hazardous Waste will be collected at special events throughout the year. For more details, please visit www.CoralSprings.org/living/events/hazardous-household-waste.
- 18. Will the City of Coral Springs still have bulk pickup?
- Yes, the first day of the week in which your garbage is picked up. (Example: If your garbage days are Wednesday & Saturday, then your bulk pickup day would be on Wednesday).
- 19. Do I need to bundle my yard waste?
- No, you can leave it at the curb for pickup.
- 20. How much bulk/yard waste will I be allowed to put out at one time?
- Residents may put out (6) six cubic yards. (The equivalent of 3 refrigerators standing side by side).
- 21. What if I have small amounts of construction and demolition debris from my home?
- Waste Pro will accept up to 2 cubic yards of construction and demolition debris as part of the 6 cubic yards limit of bulk and vegetative trash on your bulk and vegetative trash collection day. Construction and demolition debris in excess of 2 yards will not be collected.
- 22. What about holiday collection?
- The only collection holiday is Christmas Day. If one of your collection days falls on Christmas Day, your garbage will be picked up on your next scheduled pick up day. Example: If your garbage collection days are Mondays and Thursdays and Monday is Christmas Day, December 25, your next scheduled pick up day would be on Thursday December 28. All excess trash set out at the curb on the next collection day after Christmas Day and it will be collected.
- 23. What happens if I have more garbage than will fit inside my cart?
- Options are:
- Attempt to recycle all you can
- Request a special pick up by calling Waste Pro
- Defer non organic materials to next pick up.
- 24. Will residents who live in duplexes have to share carts under the contract with Waste Pro?
- Duplexes are single family dwelling units and each will receive one garbage cart and one recycling cart. Duplexes will not share carts.
- 25. What if I do not want the Recycling Cart?
- The City of Coral Springs understands that lugging the small recycling bins back and forth to the curb presented several challenges for our residents. However, we highly encourage residents to recycle and are confident that the larger capacity, secured lid, wheeled cart makes recycling much easier and will promote community spirit.
- 26. When will my garbage be picked up after the Christmas Holiday?
- If one of your collection days falls on Christmas Day, your garbage will be picked up on your next scheduled garbage pick-up day. Example: If your garbage collection days are Mondays and Thursdays and Monday is Christmas Day, December 25, your next scheduled pick up day would be on Thursday December 27. All excess trash set out at the curb on the next collection day after Christmas Day will be collected.
- 27. I live in a high rise building. How do I recycle?
- If you live in a high rise building, 96 gallon recycling carts will be provided to your building. These carts will be located in the dumpster enclosure area for residents to use. If you would like an under the sink recycling bin or a recycling tote bag to facilitate carrying your recyclables to the dumpster enclosure area please call 954-344-1165 and one will be delivered to you.
- 28. How much does residential garbage and recycling cost?
- Your annual cost will be $234.75 and will be included in your annual county property tax bill.
- 29. How much will commercial garbage removal cost?
- Commercial garbage rates are determined by the size of your dumpster and the number of collections per week. Please click here for the published commercial dumpster rate chart.
- 30. I read that the City of Coral Springs will be providing 65 gallon garbage carts to all residents. I have a concern that the 65 gallon garbage cart will be too big to fit in my garage and I will not have the space to store it. How big is the cart?
The diagram below compares the dimensions of a 65 gallon garbage cart bottom to a 32 gallon garbage can bottom and the comparison shows that the width difference is 1.84 inches and the depth difference is only 5.6 inches. The footprint of the 65 gallon garbage cart will not significantly increase the amount of storage space you will need compared to the most widely used garbage cans.
- 31. The City of Coral Springs will be providing blue 65 gallon recycling carts to all residents. I have a concern that the 65 gallon recycling cart will be too big to fit in my garage and I will not have the space to store it. How big is the cart?
The diagram below compares the new 65 gallon recycling cart bottom dimensions to the current 20 gallon recycling can and the comparison shows that the width difference is 7.6 inches and the depth difference is only 13.11 inches. The footprint of the 65 gallon recycling cart will not significantly increase the amount of storage space you will need compared to your 20 gallon recycling can in use today.
- 32. Will my garbage, recycling and bulk trash/vegetative waste be picked up at the same time of the day as it is now?
Your pick up time may change from your existing collection time. With the new automated service the trucks will dump carts from the right side of the truck and will have to proceed down one side of the street at a time. If you see the truck collecting your neighbor’s cart across the street and then passes your home without dumping your cart, be patient the driver will turn the truck around at some point and service your side of the street.
Please keep in mind that Waste Pro will be using four different trucks to service your home. The garbage cart collection truck, the recycling truck, the bulk trash truck and yard waste truck will all have separate routes and will collect at your home at different times. Please be patient on your collection days, all trucks will arrive at your home to serve you. Please be sure to place your materials at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your pick up day to avoid collection issues.
- 33. I received an orange tag titled Courtesy Notice on my bulk pile what it and what should I do with it?
The Orange Tag is Waste Pro’s method of notifying residents that the waste and/or recycling that was set at the curb was not in compliance with the service guidelines that are listed on the notice. The type of non-conforming issue will be checked marked on the tag. Please read the tag and take the suggested corrective measures. If you are unsure on what to do, please call Waste Pro at 954-282-6800 and a representative will explain the tag issue over the phone and/or visit your residence for clarification.